Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

So the last week has been busy and off track for me completely. James has a bit of a cold right now and he gets very needy when he doesn't feel well. So there hasn't been much time to write. Let me catch you up!

I ended up having company twice this week and put all of my homeopathics and supplements in a cupboard and incidentally, forgot all about them for a week. I am rather annoyed with myself. I suppose it's a good sign that I am feeling better, but it also sets me back a week and things are starting to fester again. I can feel something happening in my left armpit, and I am not looking forward to that boil coming to a head it seems like Mount Etna. I have to say, boils are shockingly painful. Something interesting to note, there is another member of my family unrelated to me (not Daniel), who is having a much bigger issue with boils than I am but the pattern of occurrence is seemingly similar. It's something I hope to look into.

This afternoon I wanted to talk about protein shakes. I will soon write a post dedicated to them specifically, but for now someone asked me about the one I use. Natural Factors SlimStyles Meal Replacement Drink with PGX. Wow that's a mouthful. Anyway, it's great. It mixes very will with a spoon and glass, but best with a blender (handheld or otherwise). Natural Factors is a reputable Canadian company that has been around over 50 years and is leading excellent development in the natural health field. I feel confident taking their products. I use the meal replacement drink as a mid afternoon pick me up. Right when I start to get a little sleepy, around 2-3pm, just before James wakes up from his nap. It's an awesome breakfast smoothie also! In the morning I add a flax/chia seed blend, flax oil, powdered fibre, and berries or bananas. The other day I added a small amount of coffee grinds to the chocolate mix and it was kind of like a cold mocha, I was thrilled. I would suggest using a milk of some kind in a protein shake, but with this one I do use water. I am going to switch to almond milk I think.

Progress Report coming this evening!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment