Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

30 Day Shred Report.

If Not Now, When?

Jillian Michaels
Oh my goodness, Miss Jillian is trying to kill me! I have been doing one of her workout DVD's for a couple days. I figured it would be a good transition to the 30 Day Shred. I am so glad I did that, as I think it was the key to me just making it to the very end of her 1st 30 Day Shred workout. By the end of the workout I was soaked in sweat.

The Workout consists of 3 cycles of 6 minute circuits. Broken down it is :


  • 3 minutes of strength training (weights, push ups) 
  • 2 minutes of cardio (old school jumping jacks, butt kicks)
  • 1 minute of ab work. (various forms of crunches working all 3 levels of abs)


Each circuit is different then the last, she uses different exercises each time around. It's very motivating to know that it's 6 minutes, 6 minutes, 6 minutes. As opposed to 18 minutes full tilt. Sometimes we have to play little mind games with ourselves to get through the brutal work that is weight loss.I can say I was quite happy to drop my ass to the floor and do the ab work at the end of each circuit. 

This is why I love her.
I will own it, and say that there was two exercises that I couldn't quite do during this morning's workout. I hope to get a handle on those this week. I plan on doing one level per week. I am also planning to continue the other workout routines I have been doing in addition to the 30 Day Shred. I am so committed to this!

I need to thank the girls on the weight loss Mommy forum, for their affirmations and support. I would never have done this on my own. They are an amazing group of ladies. Thank you, girls!

So there you have it. I survived, it seems. I have been working out for the last two weeks and I am so ready for the next 29 days! Git Er Done!




1 comment: