Pages

Thursday 22 March 2012

Visible Changes

When it comes to weight loss or muscle shaping, we all want to see results immediately. We want to be ale to run like a pro our first day out, and look like the girls on the workout DVD by day 3. Well I certainly don't look like Jillian Michaels, yet. But after almost 3 weeks of proper food intake and working out a minimum of a half hour every day, I can see the beginnings of change.

I am a total sucker and still rock James to sleep at night (I KNOW, it's the only vice we have and it's not far from changing as it's getting a little awkward). But last night for the very first time, he simply slid his foot between by leg and the rocking chair arm spaces, to dangle his legs. He usually has to shimmy them out.

Both Daniel and I can see that my waist and belly have shrunk, and I can see it a little bit in my neck and shoulders. It's fantastically motivating! In 17 days there are visible changes. So there you have it. We want these things instantly and in my mind, 3 weeks in the world of weight loss is damn near instant.

As far as the workouts are going, I can get through the cardio circuits without wanting to lay down and cry, and I upped my free weights from 2 pounds to 5 pounds. I had to go back to 2's at the end of yesterday's workout in order to finish the lateral arm lifts, but it was worth the challenge. I am starting to enjoy it, and I am looking forward to Monday`s weigh in, but that`s also the day I start level 2! Eeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment