Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

So Long Mini Plateau.

I am back on track friends. I weighed myself this morning and I was down 1.5 pounds, and I am thrilled. I had hoped that I would be much further into the Insanity program by now and down a good five to seven pounds but I have to be realistic. I had big set backs last week with not finding the time to workout and it was a serious challenge to get through the Pure Cardio DVD. I did it 3 times this weekend and it is bananas! Even the people in the workout with Shawn T were grunting and drooling and tapping out for water and to catch their breath, it was a beautiful thing! Ha.


There is a warm up which is vicious, I can't even get through the warm up without having to take a few 5 second breaks, by the time the stretching after the warm up is done, I am too! But nooooo, it's time for  the workout. 17 minutes of torture! There are 17 exercises and each interval is one minute long. Suicides, power jumps, football drills, push up jacks, power jacks, power knees, switch kicks, level 2 drills...and on and on with no break until you're ready to cry. And let me tell you, it feels glorious when you're done! It shocks me how much I cannot complete and how out of shape I am and will be for a while. But if that isn't motivation I don't know what is. 


I read a Jillian Michaels quote today that said "The biggest mistake people make is to look outside themselves for inspiration. Here's the key, if you have a why to live for you can tolerate any “how”. Identify all the reasons you want to be motivated in the first place and let that drive you towards success." It's so true. Why do you want to be motivated? For me it was simple, I want to be motivated so that I can work hard and become healthy to become a better mother, wife and friend to myself. With that in mind, I gave the fit test a shot again today as I should be two weeks in and ready to take the fit test again anyway. I improved on seven out of eight exercises and I completed 22 more reps of the last exercise. All in all I was pretty impressed with the results from a half assed attempt! Imagine how well I will do going full out! 


I am technically starting over with day one today. I don't have it in me to say I quit because I wont and haven't, so lets call the last two weeks a settling in period. Daniel will not be travelling again until July and I have some amazing people in my life who have already agreed to help me out with workouts as much as possible, while he is away next time. I am so grateful for the support around me and for you guys, knowing people read and enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy writing it, keeps me motivated and accountable. I will never come here and a write a post that says I quit. So really, I couldn't do it without any of you!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart...I'm so proud of you! Your dedication (as usual) and passion (as usual) are inspiring. Taking care of yourself is by far the best gift you can give D, J and the rest of us who love you!

    Love you more than words, sister!

    J xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete