Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

A Profound Change

Almost two weeks ago, Daniel and I had a very deep and honest conversation about our life. We just sat down and reconnected. It was wonderful. During that conversation, Daniel committed to getting up early every day and minding James while I did one of my 11 workout DVD's. This simple act has inspired me to no bounds! I have managed to work out 10 of the last 11 days. It's been great! I started with Core Rhythms 7  DVD Set. It is a latin cardio workout, with ab work and a lower body sculpt session as well. I have been doing Stott Pilates Simple Stretches as well as the Sunrise Workout. It's been a great kick start! BUT I am ready for something new.

I used to be a dancer. I use that term loosely, I was no Karen Kain. I took recreational ballet 3 days a week for 12 years. I miss it dearly. I do wish that I had taken it more seriously. I would have never been a professional dancer but I could have gotten much more out of it. However, it serves me well with these workout DVD's. I have a love of dancing and a good sweat that is inherent in all dancers. When it comes to a workout of any kind, I prefer to sweat like a dirty pig! Some people may take issue with that, but in reality it's every nasty thing in your body coming out. My skin hasn't been this soft in a few years.

After almost two weeks on Core Rhythms I was starting to get bored, even though I have 7 DVD's to switch up workouts with. I happen to be a part of an online mommy group that focuses on weight loss. One of the girls proposed a 30 day challenge. Anyone who knows me, knows I said yes before I even knew what it was. Turns out, we will be doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. So I picked up that DVD as well as 6 Week Six-Pack and Killer Buns & Thighs. Now I LOVE Jillian Michaels! I think she's fierce and inspiring so I was all for it. I ordered it online and I did level one of 6 week Six pack to try it out this morning and by the end of it, I was screaming F bombs and banging the floor in frustration and pain. It was worth every second of it. It showed me how out of shape I really am. I am looking forward to getting through that DVD soon enough. 

So the plan is to do the 30 Day shred, every day for 30 days (obviously), for one week alone (plus walking) and starting the second week I will be adding back yoga, core rhythms, 6 week six pack and killer buns and thighs on alternate days. I am working on a printed schedule but my sorry excel skills are making it slow lol. I will post it as soon as I have it.

I am also back on weight watchers new points plus program and have had great success in the last 2 weeks. I will post about that later :)

A part of my 30 Day Shred commitment is to blog about it every night!  So stay turned, as starting Monday March 19th, there will be loads to read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment