Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

I'm back!

It's been way too long and I have to apologise for my absence. I have been wrapped up in a lot of emotions surrounding my dad over the last few weeks, and I needed some time away from everything but my family. It happens like that, grief. In random patterns of tidal waves and still waters. Early May was a tsunami of emotions. My dad's birthday is May 12th and this year was the first birthday since his death. It was surprisingly hard for me to get through. That being said, Daniel has been wonderful and kind and I appreciate that so much. Moving on, it was just Mothers Day weekend! Daniel and James were just amazing yesterday and I couldn't have asked to have felt more loved and needed.
I did work in the morning, but upon my return I was showered with gifts from my guys! James gave me the INSANITY Workout DVD Program and flowers and I am so pumped about that. I have been not so subtly making it known that I 'desperately need' to do this program. I saw it online a while back and I know a few survivors who highly recommended it. So in my mind I have been gearing up the balls to try this program. I started it this morning and will be writing a separate post about it in a few hours. I was so appreciative that Daniel was able to purchase it for me! Daniel himself gave me a bottle of my favourite wine. Which I must applaud, that is not something that Daniel pays attention to and to receive it as a gift was very thoughtful. Awwww :)
After the gifts Daniel made and gave James lunch while I had a nice long bath and read and had a small taste of my wine. The boys both napped while I baked a cake and got ready to host my mom and Daniels mom for a nice dinner! I made porcini mushroom tortellini, roasted porchetta and oven roasted asparagus! It was a really good time and I am so happy we did it! I gorged myself, knowing that I was back on track this morning and it was lovely!

Happy belated Mothers Day to all mom's everywhere!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment