Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Some Days It Is Just As Much Mental As Physical.

I have never been so happy to do a 30 minute yoga based workout in my life, as I was this morning! Today is day 4 of Insanity and I am quickly becoming addicted. I look forward to it in the morning, and while I know it's early days yet, I haven't looked forward to a vicious workout in years and it feels so damn good. 
Today was a recovery day which was yoga, light cardio and deep muscle stretching. I was happy with how much my yoga poses have improved since I last gave it a go in spring of 2011. Thanks to years in ballet I am a huge fan of stretches and despite my sizes through the years, I have always maintained the habit of stretching often and deeply. Not much feels as good to me as a deep stretch. Hell, I could still put my hands to the floor at 9 months pregnant, and if you had seen the size of my belly (11 pounder) you would be floored by that. I am already looking forward to next Thursday so I can do it again! 

Yesterday was a different story. Day 3 is Cardio Power and Resistance and it was so very hard. In reality I probably properly executed about 55% of the whole workout. I had a hard time keep me up and it pissed me off to no end. I have no shame in telling you that I cried after the moving push ups because I was so frustrated and felt so out of shape. But I realised that I was crying because I couldn't do it and the only way to be able to do it was to get up and try again. So I did. There was no epic revelation or Oprah a-ha moment but I got through it and I was proud. I realised that some days mentally getting through these workouts is just as important as perfect form and speed. 

I have to give a huge shout out here to my husband Daniel. He gave the fit test a whirl last night and I am so proud of him for it. It was a great laugh for both of us, too! Despite the fact that Daniel goes to the gym as often as possible, he does not do much, if any cardio. My big old hypocritical ass was always giving him hell for it. However, he stayed motivated and did the best he could with pretty good form! Well, I have to call him out after all that love because his fit test scores did not "destroy" mine as he had so boasted! I'll leave it at that :)

59 DAYS TO GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment